May 10, 2013

Riverside Maples: Trescape 15



I feel like I made a little progress with this piece in learning how to suggest leaves. I still struggle with painting the leaves that are in the foreground. I just generally do not like painting details but it is one of the best ways to establish that something is closer to the viewer. I really like the painting as its own thing, I just want to develop more skills so I can do more.

It was a really lovely warm day at the park to be out painting, I hope I get more tree paintings done this summer...I started this project 6 months ago and this is number 15. I guess I was imagining that I would be doing several a week when I began, but that's no reason to feel discouraged. Just today I was riding my bike home from the park and when I found myself at a red light with no cars to help me switch the signal. I asked an approaching pedestrian if he would hit the walk signal, explaining light-heartedly that I was too lazy to get off my bike. "Too lazy to get off your bike? he said, what are you talking about, you got ON your bike!" Point taken!

No comments: