Jan 24, 2015

Crows at Dusk Revise


 I'm working on a new version of Crows at Dusk. These are some phone photos of the illustrations I've completed so far.










 One motivation is simply that I made the first version as a Christmas present for my family with limited time. While I love the rough, tangled aesthetic I felt like I could do better. 

Another motivation behind the new version is me toying with the idea of  developing a more consistent illustration style so that I could do work professionally. I love being able to experiment and make art as more of a discovery than goal-oriented process but a person needs to make money in this culture and the best way to do that is to serve the needs of others. I can see it as a sacrifice of my artistic integrity or I can see it as a development of maturity to channel my talents into services.



 

No comments: