Jan 25, 2008

Songs That Disappear in the Light.



















The quarter is keeping me very busy but I'm just about done with my first application and I only have a couple more slides to take. I am starting a new series of paintings based on a poem. I am frustrated with my tendency to be too realistic. Not that I'm a very technically accurate painter but just that my subject matter is whimsical so why am I trying to get things even somewhat correct.
This painting is from last quarter with the same theme as the intaglio I did earlier. Originally there was to be a figure in the painting but it looked corny and I thought the painting had a sense of mysteriousness that might be better expressed if the viewer was there in the landscape instead of a character. I'm not sure, I might revise it a bit.

No comments: