Dec 23, 2007

Three Autumn Trees in Hoyt Arboretum.


I have grand hopes of learning to document my work over break so I can get my portfolio together. By the time I get around to applying to 4 year programs I will be under the wire as the deadlines go. Anyways it seemed really simple at school when people were helping me, AKA doing it for me! I have a tripod and a level and I seem to think that it should be easy now. Not really, I took his picture before I got lights so we'll see what happens when I get those set up.

I haven't named this painting yet. I painted it from sketches I made at the Arboretum, though I did not stay true to the landscape exactly. My painting teacher feels that this is the least resolved of my pieces and while I think it is the most static I really can't figure out what else to do to it without completely repainting it. I love trees and color so I guess I don't mind having a static but colorful painting of some very beautiful trees. Hopefully I will outgrow static.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the first of your paintings that I have seen and I have to say how much I like it. Granted, it is probably much different "in person" and I don't know the goals for this particular painting. In this on line environent it seems like a very complete image. I am impressed by the evolution in your trees.