Jul 11, 2015

Business Plan

After reading several business books for artists I got fed up with how easily I forget my priorities and get caught up in trying to figure out how to make money. I don't see this as a personality flaw as much as I see it as a sign of the times. More and more aspects of life are getting monetized so we need more and more income to get by. I'm looking for a full-time job and very excited about the prospect of being able to do art for love instead of trying to figure out how to make it into a sustainable career.

Of course, I still want to leave room for my talents and passions to evolve naturally into a career so I made a business plan that's priority is keeping my values straight. It feels good to let go and make life itself the priority. It's a lot easier for me to enjoy where I'm at because I no longer am attached to a context where circumstances now aren't connected to the circumstances I am trying to create.

No comments: