Mar 16, 2015

Auction


All You Got
acrylic on wood
10'' by 10''

I finished my piece for the Art with a Musical Heart Auction event at Studio 262. It was quite a challenge and I feel I learned a lot. I chose to interpret the design from the original "quilt" literally and add in words from Duke Ellington's "It don't Mean a Thing." Wellllllll it turns out it was really difficult to make an interesting piece out of music staves and text. For a while I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to pull it off but the fact that I was obligated to finish the piece and that I wanted it too be good in order to raise more money for the cause motivated me to keep trying. I had to wreck the painting first and then bring it back to life. The hard part was coming up with the right color combinations.I painted over each part of this so many times. I like how it turned out.

No comments: