Dec 2, 2014

Giving Tuesday

It's giving Tuesday, the perfect day for me to finally commit a percentage of my art proceeds to charity. I've been meaning to do this for a while since I have more art than extra income and thought I should wait until I am better at marketing so I could make a more meaningful contribution. But we all know with money it's easy to fool ourselves into thinking its never enough and I've realized that giving is a skill one can practice to get better at.

There are a lot of organizations I'd like to support, from now until the end of April I'll be saving for the Corvallis Environmental Center. I love that they work to protect the environment, educate the community, feed less fortunate folks and connect school kids with healthy, locally grown food. I'll start the pot out with some tip money from my part-time serving job and add to it 15 % of all sales of cards and paintings from my web-site. I will also add 20% of my portion of sales through other parties, like galleries, shops and print-on-demand services.
 

No comments: