May 25, 2010

Unpredictableness







something I have been keenly interested in is depicting the beauty and unpredictability of nature without actually rendering a likeness. The previous are some of my favorite sketches/experiments along those lines. I had intended to post experiments every week whether or not I thought they were any good. There is something about revealing work to an audience, however small and electronic, that helps me see my work from outside my own head. Sometimes life makes other plans for us, though. I distinctly remember thinking, after I made my last post in February, that it would NOT be my last post for an undetermined amount of time. I seemed to think that getting artistically way-laid by a sad heart was a sign of a weak character. Recently, though, I've been reading Providence of a Sparrow by Chris Chester. It is a beautiful book, and has informed me that sparrows form very strong attachments with their mates and grieve heavily when they lose them. Since I believe that birds are happier and better adjusted than most people, I've decided that slacking off on a blog after a break-up is a perfectly sane and reasonable thing to do.


1 comment:

Dale said...

It is. And remember you don't owe nobody nothin'. Though I am always delighted when you post.